Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I Guess I'm a Kid

This is just something amusing to me.  I go for radiation every day (on my brain), and during their radiation parts, I asked them to tell me to hold my breath at the times it was going to start because I'd smell this really bad smell that I've never smelled anywhere, so I figured things'd be much better if I held my breath.

At the beginning I asked the radiologists if they weren't bothered having to deal with that smell everyday at work.  They told me there was no smell.  Any smell I could smell was happening in my head, and there was nothing for them ever to smell.  Ok.  Didn't know that.  They told me that not too many people smelled something bad and so they didn't tell a lot of people to hold their breaths.

Recently they asked me if I was still smelling anything and I said yes... keep telling me when to hold.  Then they started to tell me that the only people they'd ever had report the smell, was kids.  Other adults with the same experience weren't smelling anything, but kids who had it, also smelled something bad.

That was amazing to me - especially at age 54.  I was experiencing what kids experience.  Made me have to look at myself to think of whether or not my behaviour is like a kid's behaviour.  I'm saying no, hope I seem like the old adult that I am.  So amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment